As well as having the best diving in the planet we offer many other activities to keep you busy during your stay with us.
Why not learn to surf? We offer surf lessons for the beginner and board rental for the more experienced surfer. Our bay has perfect waves for both. Contact our office for prices and to schedule your lessons.
A stunning scenic drive away is Lake Sibaya, South Africa's second largest freshwater lake with a mighty 70 square km surface area! Sibaya roughly translated means fence that holds the cows in - Hippos being sea cows. There are many diverse plant species here and plenty of wildlife and birds for you to see. Amongst the dune forest there is a magnificent Ficus Bubu for all the tree lovers. We like to take a cooler box and go for sundowners on the shores or on a no dive day we may spend the day there and braai. Join our Triton family and jump on one of our cruisers for this awesome Sodwana experience.
Closer by we have Lake Mngobosileni which is a popular spot with the locals to watch the sunset. From this viewpoint you can see the Indian Ocean behind the lake and watch the sunset over the rural African landscape, just ask us and we will happily take you for sundowners.
Quad Biking - Take an exhilarating guided tour through the breathtaking rural countryside to the shores of Lake Sibaya.
Whale Watching - (seasonal) In winter (June - October) we have several species of whales regularly passing by on their annual migrations. The most common whales to pass our shores are the humpbacks travelling to tropical waters to give birth and then back to the Antarctic to feed. From the shore or our dive boats you can see them giving spectacular displays of breaching esepcially the playful calves.
Turtle Tours - (seasonal) In summer (November - May) you have the unique chance to see the ancient nesting rituals of Loggerhead and Leatherback turtles, these two species nest along our coastline and into Southern Mozambique The turtle research centre in Bhanga Nek within the iSimangaliso Wetland Park and close to the border of Mozambique is the oldest turtle monitoring project in the world.
Sodwana Spa - Feel like pampering yourself? The spa offers a huge range of top to toe beauty and relaxation treatments, perfect for after your days diving.
Musi Pans - guided birding walks and kayaking on the lake.
Microlight Flips over Sodwana Bay
Usefull Contact Numbers
- Leatherbacks Restaurant – 035 571 0043
- Mseni Lodge Restaurant – 035 571 0286
- Ngunis Restaurant – 083 684 3980
- The Lighthouse Restaurant - 083 471 0868
- Micro light airstrip co-ordinates S27 31 552 / E32 38 741
- Micro light hangaring available - CAA approval no: CAA/0169
- Sodwana Flying services – Francios Burger 072 211 6662
- Hluhluwe – S28 00 800 / E32 16 500 – Grass strip.
- Manzengwenya – S27 16 000 / E32 45 000 – Tarred strip.
- Mkuze – S27 38 000 / S32 03 000 – Tarred strip.
- Magnum Charters – Regard Scott 082 575 7797
- KZN Wildlife, Sodwana Bay: 035 571 0051/2/3
- Msleni Hospital: 035 574 1004
- Alpha Security: 035 562 1911